If you are in a fantasy baseball championship, now is the time to start cutting ties with your favorite starting pitchers.
Unless they are scheduled to make two starts this weekend, a starting pitcher has no value to your team once he completes his final start.
In leagues with daily lineup changes, you can probably drop tonight’s probable pitchers and add one of Thursday’s probables. This is a risk if you are carrying a low WHIP and team ERA, but necessary if you need to make up ground in accumulation categories like wins and strikeouts.
Give the pink slip to the following pitchers today. C.C. Sabathia leads our list of pitchers to say goodbye to. It will be difficult, as its been a long and windy road for C.C. owners this season. However, if you’re still playing at this point in the season, its been well worth it.
Below are Wednesday’s probable pitchers, who we believe to be safe bets to drop at this point in the season, as they will not make another start during the 2008 fantasy baseball season.
- C.C. Sabathia, Milwaukee Brewers
- A.J. Burnett, Toronto Blue Jays
- Carlos Zambrano, Chicago Cubs
- Adam Wainwright, St. Louis Cardinals
- Max Scherzer, Arizona Diamondbacks
- Clayton Kershaw, Los Angeles Dodgers
- Dana Eveland, Oakland Athletics
- Matt Harrison, Texas Rangers
- Jo-Jo Reyes, Atlanta Braves
- Brett Myers, Philadelphia Phillies
- Fausto Carmona, Cleveland Indians
- Paul Byrd, Boston Red Sox
- Brian Bannister, Kansas City Royals
- Nate Robertson, Detroit Tigers
- Edwin Jackson, Tampa Bay Rays
- Radhames Liz, Baltimore Orioles
- Phil Hughes, New York Yankees
- Oliver Perez, New York Mets
- Josh Johnson, Florida Marlins
- Tim Redding, Washington Nationals
- Ramon Ramirez, Cincinnati Reds
- Randy Wolf, Houston Astros
- Paul Maholm, Pittsburgh Pirates
- Mark Buehrle, Chicago White Sox
- Nick Blackburn, Minnesota Twins
- Jon Garland, Anaheim Angels
- Felix Hernandez, Seattle Mariners
- Shawn Estes, San Diego Padres
- Livan Hernandez, Colorado Rockies
- Jonathan Sanchez, San Francisco Giants
For a list of Thursday’s probables, visit the official MLB site for probable pitchers.