Similar to having quality starting pitching, understanding hitter trends and setting your lineup with the best hitters is essential to winning in fantasy baseball. Fantasy Baseball Dugout’s Week 23 Cheat Sheet is designed to give you a full view of the top hitters, by position, in fantasy baseball (just in time for the playoffs).
Jason Werth of the Philadelphia Phillies is the top hitter in fantasy baseball over the past week. He’s batting .500 with 8 runs scored, 4 homeruns, 9 RBI and 1 stolen base in the past 7 days of competition.
Below you will find a breakdown of the top statistical hitters, by position, over the past 7 days, 30 days, and the entire season. Statistics are listed based on a standard 5×5 league (batting average, runs scored, home runs, RBI, stolen bases).
Players with multiple position eligibility could be listed more than once on this list (for example, see Lance Berkman’s rankings below).
- 7 Days: Geovany Soto, Chicago Cubs (.429/4/1/8/0)
- 30 Days: Soto, Cubs (.375/17/3/21/0)
- Season: Brian McCann, Atlanta Braves (.298/58/23/77/4) FBD All-Star
- 7 Days: Ty Wigginton, Houston Astros (.348/5/5/9/0)
- 30 Days: Wigginton, Astros (.390/19/12/26/0)
- Season: Lance Berkman, Houston Astros (.335/104/27/94/15) FBD All-Star
- 7 Days: Dustin Pedroia, Boston Red Sox (.500/9/1/4/4)
- 30 Days: Pedroia, Red Sox (.376/33/6/20/5)
- Season: Ian Kinsler, Texas Rangers (.319/102/18/71/26) FBD All-Star
- 7 Days: Wigginton, Astros (.348/5/5/9/0)
- 30 Days: Melvin Mora, Baltimore Orioles (.426/21/8/31/1)
- Season: David Wright, New York Mets (.295/96/27/103/14)
- 7 Days: Jimmy Rollins, Philadelphia Phillies (.483/3/1/7/7)
- 30 Days: Jose Reyes, New York Mets (.311/19/1/7/11)
- Season: Hanley Ramirez, Florida Marlins (.297/101/28/60/29) FBD All-Star
- 7 Days: Werth, Phillies (.500/8/4/9/1)
- 30 Days: Manny Ramirez, Los Angeles Dodgers (.412/21/9/25/2)
- Season: Berkman, Astros (.335/104/27/94/15)