Similar to having quality starting pitching, understanding hitter trends and setting your lineup with the best hitters is essential to winning in fantasy baseball.
Fantasy Baseball Dugout’s Week 20 Cheat Sheet is designed to give you a full view of the top hitters, by position, in fantasy baseball.
Marlon Byrd of the Texas Rangers is the top hitter in fantasy baseball over the past week. He’s batting .571 with 9 runs scored, 2 homeruns, 8 RBI, and 2 stolen bases in the past 7 days of competition.
Below you will find a breakdown of the top statistical hitters, by position, over the past 7 days, 30 days, and the entire season. Statistics are listed based on a standard 5×5 league (batting average, runs scored, home runs, RBI, stolen bases).
Players with multiple position eligibility could be listed more than once on this list (for example, see Lance Berkman’s rankings below).
- 7 Days: Brian McCann, Atlanta Braves (.333/5/1/6/1) FBD All-Star
- 30 Days: McCann, Braves (.350/12/4/19/3)
- Season: McCann, Braves (.305/51/21/69/4)
- 7 Days: Albert Pujols, St. Louis Cardinals (.455/6/3/8/1)
- 30 Days: Pujols, Cardinals (.351/24/6/26/3)
- Season: Lance Berkman, Houston Astros (.334/93/23/79/15) FBD All-Star
- 7 Days: Mark DeRosa, Chicago Cubs (.368/4/2/11/0)
- 30 Days: Placido Polanco, Detroit Tigers (.330/26/3/12/3)
- Season: Ian Kinsler, Texas Rangers (.319/97/15/65/26) FBD All-Star
- 7 Days: Melvin Mora, Baltimore Orioles (.500/3/2/11/0)
- 30 Days: Alex Rodriguez, New York Yankees (.326/21/8/20/3)
- Season: A-Rod, Yankees (.315/73/26/70/16)
- 7 Days: Cesar Izturis, St. Louis Cardinals (.476/4/0/1/4)
- 30 Days: Jhonny Peralta, Cleveland Indians (.340/21/4/20/1)
- Season: Hanley Ramirez, Florida Marlins (.291/89/25/51/27) FBD All-Star
- 7 Days: Byrd, Rangers (.571/9/2/8/2)
- 30 Days: Matt Holliday, Colorado Rockies (.371/30/8/18/4)
- Season: Berkman, Astros (.334/93/23/79/15)